Whenever I feel like things are going badly and I start getting upset by
that, I make an effort to think about something I saw one day about a
year ago.

I had taken my teenage daughter to the doctor and while we were waiting
there, a man and his daughter, about the age of my daughter, came out.
The young girl had no face.  She had beautiful blond hair, very svelte,
dressed very well, but she had no face.  Just skin stretched over her
skull in front, with a hole for a mouth and a hole to breathe.  No
eyes.  Her daddy was leading her along out of the office very lovingly.

I really don't think I ever have a bad day any more, maybe an annoying
few minutes, but never a bad day.

--R