Gang,

You're all clever folks so I figured I'd pose this here.
I'm pretty well set to buy LT Don's VW in a couple weeks. The plan is to fly
out and drive back. I have a friend in Chicago my wife and I plan to stop and
spend some time there.
The problem is getting from the airport in Des Moines to LT Don's pad in
Jefferson something like 1 1/2 hour away. The cheapest flights are on the
Monday (August 18 IIRC) but the good LT has to work. I'm thinking right now are
cheapest option is to rent an econobox in Des Moines and return it the next day
or even later the same day. Our route is back through Des Moines so the time
lost is minimal. Looks like a rental will be about $35 plus gas which is
actually less than I'd thought...

Any better ideas?

-Curt