I will be replacing my SDL's a/c compressor soon.  I already have a high volume
vacuum pump capable of 30".  What else do I need?  Do I absolutely need a set
of pressure gauges?  I just topped off Dad's TD and my coupe with a can of
freon from Wal-Mart that has a pressure gauge built in.  Is this enough?

What pressure do you fill to when you do not fill by weight?  25psi is the low
end of the blue "filled" area of the pressure gauge and I assume I can have
higher pressure than 25psi?   TIA all,

Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
'87 300SDL (278,xxx mi)
'85 Ford F250 6.9 diesel (x59,xxx mi) BioBeast
'82 300CD (181 kmi)
'82 300D  (74 kmi) getting donor engine-sold
'85 300D (280,176) parts car sans engine "The Accordion"