Harry  M.) wrote:

> You got one thing right about torque from a diesel, they really kick it out.
> Helped a friend with his Duramax when he put a chip in it and also used
> propane injection.

Not always a good combination. A lot of the tuning programs advance the timing.
Propane
effectively advances the timing. With the wrong software, propane can put a rod
through
the block sooner than you might think. There was a guy on a Ford forum a few
years ago
bragging about how much power he was getting from a very severe chip (maybe
bullydog?) in
combination with propane. A week later he was complaining that his month old,
totally
stock 7.3 put a rod through the block and Ford was dragging their feet about
fixing it.
If I'd have known who his dealer was, I'd have sent them copies of his web
postings.