From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:54 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Obama Quote while in Springfield, Missouri yesterday

"OK Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> What is we just stopped EXPORTING our own oil?  Crazystuff our there,
> but the oil companies are in business to make money, not to serve the
> best interests of the USA.

The US is a net importer of petroleum.  We both export and import
refined product where that makes economic sense.  Petroleum is a
global business.

What's wrong with oil companies making money?  If they didn't make
money, they wouldn't be in business.  Who would that help?

--
1983 300D

Checked by AVG.
6:43 AM