Sorry I forgot that. It is a 1990 300D 2.5 Turbo 247,XXX miles

Donald Snook wrote:

> How would I know if my exhaust is getting plugged up?   I am just

> beginning to hear exhaust noise and I would guess something has a hole

> in it. When it idles it sounds slightly constricted.  I do seem to
have

> more black smoke recently than I had before.  I just got back from a
900

> mile trip where I did a lot of Italian tune-ups on the hills around

> Branson, MO.  You should have seen some of the black clouds.

> Can I replace the exhaust from the manifold back?  How expensive might

> it be?  What would be involved?

WHAT CAR and year? As the internal baffles age, the system gets noisier

(well before holes or external leaks appear). Consider Bosal replacement

parts (Rusty sells them) if they make them for your year and model. They

have a lifetime warranty. Eberspaecher is the OE maker for Mercedes and

better quality than Bosal, but the warranty is far inferior. I've used

both and both are of GOOD quality. Replace what is bad. I've found no

advantage to replacing exhaust parts that aren't worn out yet.

Marshall

Donald H. Snook

McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.

300 West Douglas

P.O. Box 207

Wichita, Kansas 67201 0207

Tel. (316) 263-5851

This confidential message may be subject to the attorney-client
privilege or protected by the attorney work-product doctrine. If you
have recieved this message in error, please delete it and notify me.