Hehe, that would do it.

I was through Phoenix (and other parts of the West) in 1980 -- car
croaked in the heat, we had to drive at night for most of the trip
(fuel pump on my old Audi Fox).  Daytime temps were 110 plus.

Stayed nice and cool today, just above 80C, but as I said, easy
driving, nothing like pulling a 5% grade for 15 or 20 minutes.

Peter