That's right. Breed generalizations are just that. Good breeding should
produce predictable results though.

As for guide dogs: I don't think people realize that dogs are chosen for
that profession based on early puppy evaluation. It's not so much that they
are so amazingly well trained. But once chosen for their docile and
compliant temperament, well trained they become (as you know).

As for the tragic news story: Man, that's shocking. Don't think I've heard
of such a thing before. Wonder if the child swinging suspended got the dog
playing with it and started things. Hard to think of.

Brian