From: Luther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 8:23 am
Subject: [MBZ] a/c hose seal?

During the diagnosis of my '86 SDL's a/c system, I had the mechanic add
dye to the system.  While removing the freon, the mechanic and I looked
the system over for dye leaks.  The only one we found was on the large
black rubber hose that goes from the compressor to the condenser.  The
leak was where the rubber goes into the fitting right by the radiator
and above the drier.  This hose is less than 2' long, but cannot be
purchased on it's own.  All of the large black suction hose must be
purchased as a unit and Rusty quoted me around $600.... grrrr.  So, is
there a sealant that might be applied to the hose/fitting area that
would stop the leak?  TIA all,

Luther