Danny Goldberg wrote:
> anyone have one of those posters from the 70 election with the picture of the
> pregnant girl scout with the slogan "Nixon's the One" which was his campaign
> catch line? They were all over the NY campuses at the time. Wonder what that
> would fetch on eBay?

Here's the song "Nixon's The One", written by Vic Ceasar. I was three years old
in the fall of '68, so I have no memory of it. AFAIK, today was the first time
heard the song or the slogan.
http://home.att.net/~montystark/NixonsTheOne.html

Remember how they'd print cardboard records on the back of cereal boxes, etc?
Apparently, the cardboard records with Dick's face on them are quite the
collectors' item: http://wfmu.org/MACrec/nixon.html

I didn't find the poster you mentioned, but I did find a court case which might
have featured the same picture, with the slogan "Be Prepared".

    Girl Scouts v. Personality Posters Mfg., 304 F.Supp. 1228
   (S.D.N.Y. 1969) (poster of a pregnant girl in a Girl Scout uniform
   with the caption "Be Prepared").

Mitch.