From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Danny Goldberg
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 10:35 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] (no subject)

Got to VT the car was back to it's usual great self, found myself doing 85 a
few times with out even realizing it and accelerating going up the hills
when i wanted to pass!! The only "victim" was the mileage which looks to be
back to 32 - 33, judging by the gage, haven't t refilled yet.

Always have a pre-filter in the trunk in the tool bag, the one in the car
that i swapped out was not too bad looking,  Tend to change them every 10K
when  doing  Mobil1 & filter changes, i buy them 6 to 10 at a time from
Rusty, figure it's cheap insurance. It turns out the main filter was in too
long;  missed it on the last 30K major workup. Won't do that again!!

Interesting that i missed a big clue on the last few trips the mileage was
too good to be true i was getting 37 on the road and 35 in my daily commute
of 65 miles round trip. Guess there is something to a lean fuel mixture - if
there are no hills to climb : ).

 danny

68 200d 126,000 my toy
85 300d 166K (spare car)