When I used to live in Corvallis, OR every few months I would see a
240 with trailer lights bolted to the trunk, because the owner
couldn't get
the stock ones to work. I'm not sure if it's hilarious or sad. I've
had good luck re-doing the plastic welds with 3M Weatherstripping
adhesive, and hardwiring the lights.

Tyler
87 190D Turbo
87 Volvo 740 Turbo