harry watkins wrote:
> I don't think you can SCARE the American people into voting one way or the
> other.

If you can convince the voters that they must vote for one of two choices, and
there's no good reason to vote for either of them, then the only way to get
votes is to scare the voters into voting against the other guy. Campaign ads
that I've seen lately for Johnny and Barry both seem to be focusing on this
strategy, which I take as an admission that they can't present any good reason
to vote FOR them, so they are going for votes AGAINST the other guy.

Mitch.