That was a car that was ordered over here and picked up in Germany.  It came
through the Port of Miami in 85 and was DOT converted at that time.  However,
the owner was no dummy, so when they ordered it out the got electric windows
and ACC, which were probably the two things it wouldn't have had if they had
gotten a "stock" spec for it in Germany.

Fortunately, they had the foresight to get the Euro headlights from the
conversion company and put them back on after the DOT conversion.

Having searched for many years for a LWB 123, I can tell you that 99% of the
ones that made it over here were retired from taxi service in western Europe -
there was a guy in CA that imported a boatload of them in the early 80s before
the borders closed to gray market cars.  The ones I saw, time after time, were
diesels and had the bare bones in the way of amenities.  They also had a funky
differential on them that had it geared really low - no doubt to allow for
better low end performance fully loaded, since they were designed for taxi
service.

The jump seats were a bit of a joke, as you would be hard pressed to get six
adults in the back of that thing with the jump seats and the rear bench.
Sadly, there was a large beam welded across the body pan just behind the front
seats to stiffen the body and provide a mounting point for the jump seats.  If
you chose to take out the jump seats and build some sort of divider, it would
have been hidden, but to just take out the seats you would still have this huge
frame member across the floor.

Dan