-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        ok, i know this will sound ridiculous, but please read
(downtown)
Date:   Sun, 17 Aug 2008 00:41:01 UT
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] has forwarded you this craigslist.org posting.
Please see below for more information.

     ok, i know this will sound ridiculous, but please read

Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2008-08-16, 11:41AM

first and foremost, i am not a hooker!! let's just get that out of the
way, right now.
still reading? GREAT!
ok, here is my problem. my car is in the shop. i had to get the
transmission rebuilt on my 1975 mercedes and it was supposed to cost
$1500. i thought my grandmother was going to help me pay for it since
she gave me the car. when i called the mechanic, i asked him if he could
also fix the passenger side window to be able to roll down since the car
had no AC. he said, "oh, sherr huh-nneee, but whay wha-yent ahe-yed and
fixed that AC fer ya, that'll be anutherr $1000."
after i choked, i called my grandmother and told her this. she told me
that she and her son (who has all of her money tied up), had a BIG
family blow out on the fourth of july, with his majorly alcoholic wife,
and that "SHE'D BE DAMNED IF SHE WAS GONNA ASK THAT FOOL FOR ANY MONEY,
WHETHER IT WAS HER'S OR NOT!!"
so, ok. i've been without a car since july. i know i sound like a little
snotty priss, but honestly, i CANNOT take the bus because i get VERY bus
sick and dramamine does not work because that makes me sick, too. the
last time i rode the bus, i actually threw up in my bag, because i am a
nice person and did not want to gross out everyone else on that already
stinky bus. i also cannot afford to rent a car anymore because that is
at least $900 a month, and how can i save money to get my car out if i'm
wasting that money on a rental? also, dallas is a huge city and i have
clients all over the place, (i am an artist) and cabs are very expensive
as well. quite a fix i am in.
so, here is my proposal. i am a VERY talented mural artist. i am also an
amazing illustrator and fine artist. i also have my own hand painted
glassware company and do major corporate events and weddings and any
other kind of special occasion, or holiday, you can think of. i would be
willing to trade my artistic services for any kind, generous soul who
would let me borrow an extra car that was not in use, for just a couple
of months, while i get my $2500 collected. why don't i have that kind of
money if i am so good at what i do? good question. i just recently moved
here from austin and have just started to get a clientele base. but
seeing as how it is practically impossible for me to get around, i am
missing many opportunities. i also have not made any real friends yet,
to cart me and my art supplies around, and anyway, nobody wants to hand
out with "that girl" who always needs a ride. am i right, or am i right?
i also feel terrible having to impose on people.
i hate to toot my own horn, but my art is really good, to put it mildly.
i have painted glasses for oprah winfrey, sandra bullock, tommy lee
jones, halle berry, and a huge corporate event for compass bank. i have
done many wine shows and my current clientele base includes the ceo of
ATT&T, the lawyer of rudy giuliani, and an ex laker girl. as you can
imagine, i do not want any of my new clients to know that i am helpless.
i don't care what this car looks like, IN THE LEAST, just as long as it
is legal and safe. i don't care if it does not have AC and the windows
don't roll down, or if it is an automatic or standard. i just need a car
to get around desperately.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! i have car insurance, and am an excellent
driver. i do not drink or smoke or do drugs. i do not have any children
to get cheerios crunched all over the place, and i am a clean freak so
you can rest assured knowing that you will get the car back cleaner that
when it was given. I PROMISE!!
i believe in karma, i do not have a criminal record, and i do not pick
up hitchhikers! you can trust me.
if you are interested in practically saving my career and TRULY helping
out a good person, PLEASE feel free to respond and i will send you a
picture so you know i am not some gross freak. i live near the bishop's
arts district and can walk there to meet you in person if we both feel
we can work something out.
BE A LIFE SAVER!!!! SAVE ME!!!

     * Location: downtown
     * it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other
       commercial interests

Original URL: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/799384776.html
8/16/2008 7:11 AM

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,