Sounds a lot like this guy, who is trying to unseat tom turkey in the
US senate.
http://www.christopherreed2008.com/

Tom turkey is an embarrassment to the state as well as to the
nation.  Like John F. Kerry (JFK) he claimed to be a war hero.  In
fact, the closest Tom turkey ever got to combat was ferrying aircraft
across the pacific.  Seems he didn't have the right stuff to be a combat pilot.

Chris Reed is a real man.

At 01:04 PM 8/20/2008, you wrote:
>Here's a quote from a Illinois Congressional candidate's campaign
>site. I must
>say I agree with every word:
>

>Why am I running
>As voters, we have become dissatisfied with the options we are left
>with on the
>day of the election. Too often, we have spent our time voting for
>the lesser of
>two evils, rather than anyone whose ideas truly inspire us.
>Sometimes, we just
>vote against someone who's just really terrible, holding our noses and saying
>"Anyone would be better than that other guy!" It's a disappointing state of
>affairs that the two parties have left us in. Can't a country like
>ours with its
>human capital and resources, come up with something better than the
>hucksters we
>have in Congress? I don't know. Once they get elected, it seems to
>only take a
>few months before they are shaped into a Washington politician. It's
>time for us
>to either stop caring, or to get more involved. I'm not ready to stop caring.
>Are you? Please take some time to learn more about my ideas for a
>better government.
>
>http://www.stevoforcongress.com/

Loren Faeth