In a message dated 9/15/2005 3:41:00 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I've  never seen this...
My AC has worked fairly well this summer. I've had a  little cold air
escaping through the defrost damper...not enough to  warrent the pain it is
to change that pod out. Now, after the AC runs on  auto hi for about 5
minutes, everything kind of fails in a mid position.  It seems the fan wanes
and I get a whisper of cold air out of all the HVAC  orifices. I can switch
to defrost and the fan becomes wicked strong and  the air that comes out is
about 10 degrees high than the air out of the  center vents when AC is
working well. What the heck is going on?
I  imagine it's vacuum related, but I was wondering if anyone has seen this
before and had a clue for me...before I start on a vacuum troubleshooting
fest tomorrow.

Bob,

I would say your in dash temperature sensor is getting a shot of cold  air.
Perhaps the tube has fallen off that aspirates that sensor.   Cold air under
the dash is striking the sensor from below.  that would  cause the system to
modulate as the sensor appears satisfied.

Regards,

Jim (deaf in  right ear)Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 261 K miles