I've finally started on the ball joint replacement.  We'll see if
the Harbor Freight press kit can be coerced to do the job...

I jacked up the car under the wishbone (so I don't need to compress
the spring) and removed the wheel.  I got several of the steering
knuckle bolts broken loose and removed.  The caliper is loose, but
captured by the ridge on the brake disc.  The strut is loose, and can
be moved up and down by one hand.  Seems a bit easy to move, but is
damped nonetheless.  I ran out of time, however.

Anybody know just how stiff a good 201 strut is supposed to be?

-- Jim