If she was 14 in the 8th grade then it might have been more probable than
you think -- I graduated high school at age 17, and would have been 16 at
Senior Prom time.

Actually, one of my favorite high school memories was a 14 year old (8th
grader) I met my senior year (16) at a high school science fair. _Nothing_
happened that would make the top 10/100 on Banned -- we must met and really
hit it off. She was the younger sister to my best friend. We just had one of
those kindred spirit things going.

She introduced me to her parents (who immediately freaked since I was so far
ahead of her in school -- but I think I won their trust). Dad was a
prominent dentist in one of the small towns that satellited our county seat.

We didn't date much but remained friends for a while.

Looking back, Dad should have told me to take her away. Before I was even
out of college, she was killed by her boyfriend during a domestic dispute.

I still find myself thinking about Jenny from time to time. She was really
sweet and nice and --something you don't normally find during a high school
date -- was a very deep thinker and put forth a conversation to match her
intelligence. Looked a lot like Cindy Crawford (as Cindy probably looked at
age 14). I was 6'4" and she almost looked me in the eyes.

Sigh.

--
LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/