Folks:

My 300TE has a leaking head gasket. You can smell coolant out the
pipe, see a bit of steam on startup, and the #1 plug got so fouled
with other-than-oil calcified coolant crud that it stopped firing the
other day.

While I was buying a new plug, I noticed a sale on Bars Leaks brand
head and head gasket sealer, which purports to seal bad head gaskets
and cracked heads. Since this car basically just hauls stuff around
town and probably only gets driven 5k a year at most, and I'm not in
a position to r&r the gasket at this point, does anyone have any
experience with this product? I dimly remember someone--was it OK
Don?--saying they'd used it or something similar on a 300SEL for many
tens of thousands of miles and it worked, but I'd love confirmation
of this before pouring it in. Other than that, car runs great. Uses
some oil, but no blue smoke.

Thanks!

Dan