I think the difference is that Bill got royally roasted by purchased
press coverage after the fact while we know diddly about Palin.
Funny what people remember when you pay them a couple hundred
thousand dollars per memory....

Mayor of a small town doesn't mean that much, and it's more that
slightly obvious that she was the darling of Alaska right wing
politicians while she was mayor (a fabulous amount of earmark money
for that little town, none before and none since....).

Before I could even consider voting for her, I need a LOT more
information.  Bill Clinton did quite a bit in Arkansas while
governor, and did it on his own.  He was Governor for more than a
year when he ran, too.  Lots of brains there (Rhodes Scholar, after
all, and while draft age was registered with Local Draft Board 100,
the one for people living outside the US).

Ms. Palin is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, and I will NOT vote for
a pig in a poke, ever.

Should be fun to see what crawls out of the shadows -- so far I've
learned she attends two far right leaning non-denominational churches
that preach the endless Holy War on the Devil, NOT a good sign for
me.  We've had one President practicing Holy War on (fill in the
blank) for 8 years, I have no interest in another.

Who knows what else is out there?

Peter