For those on the list who have some knowledge of such things, I picked up a
YOKOGAWA type2411 Circuit Tester for a couple of bucks at a garage sale.   A
few minutes with the back off, replacing the three batteries and some simple
cleaning got it functioning.   The big use I have for it is occasional
continuity tests and to figure out if the myriad of batteries I find all
over the house [ which is now shared with an 9, 3, and 1 YO] are any good,
so I know it suite my needs rather well, but one always wonders with this
sort of thing if it is a decent piece of equipment.  Anyone familiar?

Thanks - BillR