Finally I have working a/c in my SDL since the new KLIMA relay arrived
from Rusty today.  Now, I need some help with the blower and defrost issues.

The blower has its moments where it won't come on for minutes at a
time.  It can work flawlessly for days/weeks at a time, and then quit
working for a time or two.  Possible brushes issue?

The defrost vents are always on.  I have normal flow out the side vents
and minimal flow from the lower center vents no matter which option I
select on the push button unit.  When I went through the "Jim Cathey ACC
check list"
http://userweb.windwireless.net/~jimc/mamerepairs.html#acctest  the
Short Defrost Vent failed the test.  The vents at the ACC control
harness plugs should read 50-80 ohms and mine read 1K ohms.  Is this a
defrost vent failure, or a control failure?  I tried a second PBU today,
and the defrost still ran 100% of the time.  Back in June, Jim and I
discussed this:
"

What does the vacuum flap reading mean?

It means the short DEF flap probably doesn't do what it's
supposed to, which means that your defroster duct is never
fully closed.  So you lose some AC to the windshield.  (If
it was working.)  Broken connection, or burned out solenoid
in the vacuum valve.  Or, possibly, I've got the reference
point for that one wrong.
"

Any ideas what I should do now?  I expect that I'll have part of the dash
apart....  TIA all.

Luther