you must go broke paying somebody to fix your cars all the time.

That's how they get really expensive, really fast!  This is why I've always
replaced belts, shocks, brakes, radiators and anything else that can be done
easily enough in the driveway/garage.  Then, there's the time element when
you just need it running NOW!  It's not so critical with my RC trucks, but
if I paid someone $15 or $20 per hour for the time I've spent getting 5
cheap used ones back into shape, I could have bought new ones!  It started
out with 3 gas-powered ones that needed some work to run.  I ended up with 2
runners and one with a bad engine.  One of the runners was sold, the other
was traded for another gas-powered fixer, and the one with the blown engine
traded for a running battery-powered electric truck.  The fixer is fixed
now, runs well and is up for sale.  The electric one is running as good as
new, and is going to be my neighborhood terrorizer.

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula