The tranny slippage on my 240D (automatic) in reverse seems to be getting
worse and worse.

I still can't find that adjustment bolt that sometimes backs out -- maybe
Kaleb can point it out next time he is in Iowa.

But I checked the fluid level, thinking maybe it was low, when we got back
from a 30 miles drive. The fluid level is about an inch above the maximum
mark. This is probably because the last guy who checked it didn't know to go
an inch below minimum if the fluid wasn't up to temperature. I think this
happened with I had the transmission flushed a couple of years ago.

Would having too much fluid in the system have anything to do with slipping
going backwards?  (Probably not but worth asking.)

--
LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

apt-get update