"harry watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Alex, I sure hope someone responds to this with suggestions.  Everything I
> have tried was a PITA.
>
> "Maybe take a tip from the biodiesel crowd for filter material?"

The laundry lint filter I posted is really just a small filter bag
hanging in a plastic canister.  NOTHING high-tech about it AT ALL.  I
don't know where you buy filter bag fabric, or how easy it is to buy it
in small quantities.  A google search turned up
http://www.lamports.com/lfbags.htm but they seem like the sort of
company that sells in bulk to other manufacturers.

For the price it was just not worth it to me to track down this kind of
stuff and design and build one myself.  The thing will last basically
forever, with occasional replacement of the filter bag being the only
thing that can really ever be necessary.

I'm not sure if the problem is overblown, but my filter grabs enough wet
lint to amount to a large fistful every month or two.  I'd just as soon
keep that out of the septic system, whether it would settle out in the
tank or not.

It was more lint than that before we got our front-load washer.

Allan
--
1983 300D