Constant ticking usually means trouble but nothing to lose sleep over, a bit of tick on start up is also nothing to to worry about.

Hendrik
with a bit of ticking

Zoltan Finks wrote:
The other night during a late night Wally World run, i noticed they had a
weight of Mobil 1 that seemed acceptable to me. 15W 50 Bought two jugs.
Had two filters on hand from Rusty. Just finished changing the oil in wifeys
87 190D. Yay me. How pleasing it is to change oil on these diesels compared
to unscrewing filter and getting bath on hand and floor.

Anyway, the engine ticking has been noticeably reduced.

Question now is: Does the reduced ticking mean the engine is any happier or
better protected? Or does it just make me feel better?

Brian
87 190D 277,572 K mi and odometer stopped
83 240D 130Kmi