Allan Streib wrote:
The guy said that the places like MAACO and Earl Scheib paint a car for
less than his cost on the materials.  He doesn't know how they do it
unless they are using Krylon.

My body guy says he pays $50 a pint, $400 a gallon these days. If one were to insist on the OEM Mercedes paint it would probably be worse. When I asked him to get me a pint to touch up my Oldsmobile, he told me he could get some that would be "good enough for what I needed" for $25 a pint. I suspect the $200 a gallon stuff (or worse) is what you get when "we'll paint your car for $399".

Mitch.