I notice that my latest Harbor Freight flier has
an AC evacuation pump, a real one, for $90.  #98076
(I'm sure my $100 JBI pawn shop find is a better
unit, but this thing is probably good enough.)
Should be just the ticket for DIY AC servicing.

They've also got the R134a gauge set on sale for
$40.  #92649

Finding an R12 gauge set is now an exercise in used
tool shopping.  One shouldn't try to use one gauge
set on both kinds of systems, the oils are not
that compatible.  The fittings are all wrong, anyway.

-- Jim