Loren Faeth wrote:
Now as the albore alarmists run around like headless chickens in
their jets, the planet is cooling. Thus Jim's comment.

I was not making any claim to the validity of global warming itself...
just that when you say "since it is cold here, global warming is bs" is
bs itself.  If global warming is/was/were/will/etc, it would affect
climate patterns... not make every single place on earth warmer.  The
comment in the context of your argument makes perfect sense and wouldn't
bother me; however, in the context it *was* in, I do.

Another take, if there is global cooling, it will not make everyplace on the planet colder... How about the inverse statement, "It's been the hottest summer on record! Global cooling my ass!"

Disclaimer: Yes, it was colder everywhere in the ice ages, but that amount of temperature change isn't likely to occur in our lifetimes...

John