At 10:17 PM -0500 10/17/08, Wonko the Sane wrote:
Actually, I want Marxism to reflect what Marx actually said.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... now you tell me what you know.

A man's only as old as the woman he feels.

All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats.

Humor is reason gone mad.

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.

I have a mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

I intend to live forever, or die trying.

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes you know he's crooked.

Why a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it.

Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done for me?

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx