To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Tax Free Status

Bill R. wrote: "If an organization that has a tax exempt status endorses a political candidate those who give money to that organization cannot receive a tax credit for those contributions. I am pretty sure it also puts the organization's tax exempt status at risk."

That is up in the air right now. It is not 'black letter" law. The pastors who endorsed candidates are testing this very issue.

Donald H. Snook