So how much are you hoping to sell this particular albatross for, and
when?

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to finish it.  I'm now into
it for about $4k even, and I'm not done.  (Most of the more expensive
parts have yet to be installed.)  The original target price point
was going to be around $4-4.5k, with everything fixed and cosmetically
tolerable except the peeling paint.  That was going to represent maybe
$1-2k profit for 100-200 hours work.  (Profit?  On those terms, barely!)
The idea was N.O. drive as is, or paint it for a nearly perfect car.

Don't know if I'll get there or not, now.  I saw a "project" 380 SL
for sale for about $1200 on craigslist the other day.  Even cheaper
than this project was.

At least I'm learning how to do some things on it that'll later
translate over to the 560's.

-- Jim