Hi again, everyone - (And thanks to everyone who gave their input about tape
and grease a few days ago)

I've got my car ('76 300D, w115) back together (mostly, but more on that in
another mail later), and glory of glories, I have a working heater fan that
puts out lots and lots of air, when and where it should.

But I have a new problem, that suggests something didn't get hooked up quite
right in the reassembly.

When I turn on the A/C, I hear the actuator for the center vent go, and I
stop getting outside air from the center vent (good!).

But when I turn the A/C fan on, despite *hearing the A/C fan run*, no air
comes out any of the vents (beyond the outside air that leaks around the 30
year old gaskets sealing it out).

I'm imagining there's some linkage or actuator I (hopefully) missed
re-hooking-up somehow or (less  hopefully) got jammed somehow.

Anyone more familiar with the internals of how the air box works have any
insight?

                Stuart S.

                W115 300D

                (and oh, so tired. So very tired, and sore.

That's a lot of work, and I hate the person who designed the dash attachment
in that body.

I also have a special level of hate for the person who designed the system
for attaching the seats, but that will also wait for another mail.)