BTDT. Read this: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile You will have to rename the folders and tell Thunderbird you did this.

Luther

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
When I got this new computer, I installed thunderbird on it and copied all my mail folders from old hard drive to this new hard drive, then when I started thunderbird again, all my accounts and mail is there. I dont remember having to go in and create a new account for each one then telling each account to point to whatever folder for its mail. I now have XP installed on the old hard drive, so now I can go into the bios, set the priority for hard drive boot, and depending on if i set it to the new or old, it will either boot xp or vista. My ultimate goal is to only run XP. I have thunderbird installed on the xp drive, and I went into account settings and pointed it to the folders where the mail is stored on the vista drive. Its not putting in all the accounts. It looks like I have to go in and create each account seperaltly, then tell it which folder to go to. Im pretty darn sure I have not done this before, Im pretty sure once I copied everything over, it was all there. I cant imagine I would have created each account again since I have almost a dozen different ones. What am I missing here?

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
'87 300SDL (281,xxx mi)