I'm in a real pickle with an engine issue at work, and I can't get any help on
this side of the pond.....

I have a Mitsubishi 1.5L industrial gas(oline) engine that is used on a
generator.  It is the same basic engine that was used on the 91-95 Mitsubishi
Mirages.  That being said, there are some mechanical and electrical differences
between the distributor on this engine and the automotive application that
prevent me from using the automotive application distributor.

The distributor has an internal coil which is different from the automotive
application distributor.  We have pretty well confirmed that the coil has
failed, and courtesy of Rusty were able to get one of the automotive
distributors to compare to be sure that they are different (we didn't know they
were different until we got one to compare - dang it!)

So my question is this:  If there are any list members that are overseas that
would be willing to see if they could source this distributor or parts for it I
would be most appreciative.

I would add that Mitsubishi has never sold industrial gas engines in the US -
this is an import that was brought in by someone - hence the reason why we
can't find parts for it here...

Dan