Well, now that I FINALLY got the E420 registered I have some problems to
fix before we can drive it much.

1. There is a power steering fluid leak when the car is sitting. The power
   steering pump sure complains when the fluid level is down. I put ATF in
   it, having nothing else and having to drive to Santa Fe to get the car
   registered.

2. There is a gasoline leak somewhere. Since I can detect a few fumes when
   I run the HVAC system while driving, I presume it's in the engine
   compartment. Rusty mentioned some valve, but I don't remember what he
   called it.

3. When first driven when cold, the transmission won't shift from 1 to 2
   unless the engine is revved above 3,000 RPM. I'd rather not have to
   make it go that fast immediately and would prefer the trailing-throttle
   upshifts it does after it's been driven a little while.

4. There's a rock hole in the left headlight lens. Did someone mention
   plugging such with silicone caulk? How about a small piece of clear
   packing tape?

5. There's a hole in the right front turn signal/marker lens. Kaleb, do
   you have any of those?

6. Is it possible to run the HVAC system to get the same results as the
   manual W123/240D system, with warm air out the footwells and cool air
   out the upper vents? On a sunny, winter day, with a warm coat on,
   that's what is really needed.

If anyone has any suggestions, please speak up!

Thanks,

Craig

---
Craig McCluskey

Present: 1982 240D/3.0 (Euro 1984 617.912 engine, 4-speed) 250 kmi
         1994 E420     117 kmi
   Past: 1964 190Dc
         1972 220D/8
         1972 220/8
         1987 190E/2.3

 /"\
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN       "Friends don't send friends
  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL                   HTML email."
 / \  AND POSTINGS
                               http://www.fred.net/tds/longrange.html
          http://pruffle.mit.edu/~ccarter/I_do_not_use_microsoft.html