On Nov 11, 2008, at 11:09 AM, Rolf wrote:

BTDT? Oh, ah been there done that. Is the 5spd+617 DS the same as the
auto+617 DS?

actually, it is not. different p/ns in the EPC. that auto box is longer than the 5 speed. iirc, last time i looked into the bits, the correct 5 speed front half shaft is NLA.

It's a shame that the 4spd+617 is 2cm longer than the auto+616 DS. Just
a wee bit short.

a +/- inch short will get you everytime.

Have you seen the carnage that is going on in Falmouth?

http://jalopnik.com/5082899/over-1000-vintage-mercedes+benzes-await- the-cruel-jaws-of-the-crusher-in-kentucky

very sad, wish I had the space and time. this first hit the wires over a year ago.

I am hoping they have 5spds. I have one but it is need of many parts,
hoping I can mix and match. Also hoping the bmw getrag 5spd internals
are about the same...

heard the BMW bits do share a few with the Benz, but have not verified.

-Rolf

Mathieu J. Cama wrote:
No. You need specific w123 bits. BTDT.  :)

Mathieu
www.oldworldauto.com