Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have never seen a tool that makes 37 degree JIC flares.  The only
> place I have seen the JIC flare used is hydraulics, and you don't want
> to be doing that yourself.

Not hydraulics, fuel injection.  Most of the fittings you find for this
kind of application are sized in the "AN" system and use 37 degree
flares on the tubing connections.  Supposedly this kind of flare will
take higher pressure than a regular 45 degree flare (there is also a
special backing "sleeve" used between the flare and the nut).

I wish there was a decent "custom" shop around here that stocked this
kind of stuff -- I'd rather pick everything myself from bins than order
over the internet.  Maybe in Indianapolis....

Allan
--
1983 300D