the claim for the repair on the radio was made within the warranty period.
If they didn't have the parts on hard to do the work, tough, that's not your
son's fault.

Using that logic, if the trans blew a week a week before the warranty was
up, and the car sat in the service area waiting 10 days for new tranny
parts, would they also say the car was now beyond the warranty time limit?

If they did any other work or service to the car without my ok, I'd say
"thanks for the freebies guys".  ;-)

Ed
300E