To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: your government at its absolute finest

it's funny how they now "know" so much about how to raise kids and kids are
worse now than ever before.  you think maybe we have been had?

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

now days they would throw him in jail.  And that is the problem with
society today.

Donald Snook wrote:

Kaleb wrote: "My dad used to tell us stories about when he was in school, if you fell asleep at your desk, the teacher would throw a piece of chalk at you. That would wake you up. I think they need to get back to such things
then kids would pull their head out of their asses, my included."

Well, Kaleb, I think you and I are about the same age and I don't have to
go as far back as my father for this same scenario.  My 7th Grade math
teacher would do this. He would throw chalk. He was a college baseball
pitcher at Mizzou (Go TIGERS!) and he could really bean someone. The funny thing was, it was a very effective method. He also would make people stand for the whole hour if they were late. You know what happened? We all paid attention and we were never late and I really liked him as a teacher (and I
hate math).

Donald H. Snook

270.9.0/1779 - Release Date: 11/10/2008 7:53 AM

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,