To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] $4.28 Trillion and counting

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 21:15:19 -0500 Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Allan Streib wrote:
> IOW $4.28 trillion more of a problem than if we'd done NOTHING.

I'm of the opinion that the 4 trillion did no net good, and probably
more harm  than good, in addition to the fact that We the People are $4T
poorer. The cure for an alcoholic is not to prop his mouth open and pour
in four gallons  of Jack Daniels. The cure for an economy that's
drowning in debt and pointless  spending is not to shove more debt into
it in hopes of encouraging spending.

And emblematic of the situation is when Congress was asked to pass a $700
billion giveaway, they couldn't get it passed without adding another $100
billion to sweeten it up for everyone.

Craig