"Gary Hurst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> it's just a bizarro world, huh?  they tank the universe financially and
> then pay themselves annual bonuses beyond the life earning capacity of even
> joe the plumber.  then, when the money runs out, the government simply takes
> it from poor workers so they can continue to conduct business as usual.

Whether some executive at Goldman Sachs is able to make millions a year
really doesn't affect my life one way or the other.  More power to him.
BUT -- if they are taking MY bailout dollars then they definitely should
NOT be granting themselves bonuses.  I think they should be sending a
hand-signed Christmas thank you to every taxpayer in the United States.

Don't you like how GM already got $25 billion, and we never heard a
"thank you" to the public from anyone, only "it's not enough, we need
another 25".

I've worked in the financial sector, the bonuses are part of the
compensation structure and normal, but they are still supposed to be
bonuses: large in good years, small or nonexistent in bad years.

Some of the firms (CitiGroup) are realizing how bad this looks from a
publicity standpoint and are canceling the executive bonuses this year.

Allan