It was the
"J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) StudySM released today. The study, now in its 10th year, measures owners’ delight with the design, content, layout and performance of their new vehicles."

http://www.jdpa.com/presspass/pressrelease.asp?ID=2005174

Not quite the same as the other survey were they look at owner's satisfaction and reliability over a certain period of ownership. I think Consumer Reports looked at one of the Kia models and said looked great but under the covers things like the suspension
sucked.