I think there is a quote from someone famous that says something to the effect:
the only real wealth comes from growing something or making something that others are willing to pay for.

there is no real wealth in the DC area. It is a bunch of people living off the productivity of others in the country.

As in every other case, when the king extracts too high taxes, the serfs WILL go up against even machine gun fire with their pitchforks until the king is dead, and the high taxes are erased.

Except Italy, where everyone winks and pays only a reasonable tax, and the government lets them be.

We are nearing the time of the next Boston tea party. BtheO Bama will see to it we get there by implementing outlandish taxes that will make Billybob's retroactive tax look like (not peanuts) 1/100th of a peanut

The wealth of the nation used to be those who grew and made products. Those people are being made into serfs. WHen the serfs refuse to work, the whole ponzi scheme will collapse.

there will be one or the other, unless the sheeple wake up and take back the government soon, and toss the pols and the "financiers" under the train.

At 08:36 PM 11/18/2008, you wrote:
"OK Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This is an economic issue, and economics is "the science which studies
> human behaviour as a relationship between ends and scarce means which
> have alternative uses."
> Hence, every million that executive gets is $1 that you and 999,999
> others can't get. It does affect you -

No, the economy is not a static pool of X number of dollars wherein if I
have one more dollar then someone else must have one less.

Allan
--
1983 300D

Loren Faeth