From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Donald Snook
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 4:38 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Speeding was Re: rear end questions

Randy wrote: "Even if one assumes a 75 mph speed limit, 129 is mort than 50
mph over the limit. That sort of thing often equates to large fines, seized
vehicles and taking the bus to work for a few months."

I agree and I don't think I will ever drive 120 mph (at least not again).  I
did test out the fuel cut-off switch on my Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera.  At 110
the fuel cuts off and the car starts bucking and jerking until you get below
110.  But, I had a good excuse.  I was going from Topeka, Kansas to
Lawrence, Kansas on the turnpike.  I was running late for the Washburn Law
Golf tournament.  I couldn't be late.  I knew all the Troopers on that
section of the turnpike.  But, I don't think I will be going that fast
anytime soon.

When I am out in Western Kansas and the roads are wide open and flat I will
routinely drive 95-100 - at least in my old 300SEL.  Once that big car got
going, it would really fly.  I haven't tried it in the Volvo. I wonder how
many RPM's that little four cylinder would be turning at that speed.

I once got pulled over going 100 in Arkansas.  My grandfather had died. I
was racing down to the Mississippi gulf coast to meet my father.  I had my
ticket in hand. I told the cop why I was speeding and showed him the plane
ticket to show my urgency.  He didn't give me a ticket, but told me to slow
down.

Donald H. Snook