I use a leaf blower about every 3 months or so to blow the leaves, etc., out
of those areas on my 124 and 126.  'Really oughta do it more often.

Wilton

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:04 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Water leak explained

> The bad smell in my 240D has got to be from the water leak I noticed some
time ago. So tonight I checked and sure enough the passenger side floor is
wet. Under the hood in the channels where the hood hinges live I found
enough compost to start Andrew's business. With my shop vac and a stiff
piece of wire I removed a good chunk of that and managed to reveal and clear
the drain holes in the bottom of the channels. With any luck and a couple
days of driving the car will dry out and the smell go away....

> Turns out my soft tire isn't actually soft. I guess I need to do some
checking, I suspect I've got a bad tie rod end...