Hi Bill,

1) Don't use any cleaners in the engine.

2) DO NOT under ANY cicumstances put Slick 50 into ANY engine you plan
to actually use. That stuff should be banned from sale.

3) Mobil-1 5W-40 would be the preferred oil for your car. If the
engine has bad seals now, synthetic could make it leak more (but not
necessarily). If you want to use dino oil, use Delvac-1300, not
Rotella.

4) I'd consider changing external seals before installing the engine -
for example the turbo drains, the oil pan gasket, and maybe the front
crank seal. I'd say to do the rear crank seal too but that's a massive
job.

5) My OM617 would use a quart of oil every 2000 miles or so. I expect
that's about normal for a 617 engine with ~200kmi on it. My OM603's
are more like a quart every 4-5000, however. YMMV... remember not to
add oil until it hits the MIN mark, don't keep it topped off.

:-)

Best regards,

Dave M.
Boise, ID