I suspect that AFT does something nasty to the seals -- my steering box on the "new" 300D dribbles, but now that I've been putting only PS fluid in for a year, I only fill it every 3000 miles or so instead of every 600 or so.... Not perfect, of course, but vastly better.

It was filled with ATF...

Peter