my ex wife got a very good deal on her house, we suspect because the house
next door to her was occupied by active criminals and their associates.  as
she was told by locals that they really didn't commit crimes against their
neighbors, she figured it was ok and bought the house at a substantial
discount.  like most criminal types, they kept a lot of aggressive dogs
around, dogs that caused everyone trouble.  for the most part, these dogs
were just dangerous, but one of the dogs really caught our fancy.  she
seemed a really good dog.

lately, most of the criminals in the house have ended up stuck in prison and
only two were left.  a few nights ago, those two left in the dead of night.
then the police showed up and found nothing but the dogs.  then animal
control showed up, at which point we 'liberated" this dog we liked, who is
reputed to be a chow chow shiba inu mix.  my dogs seemed to get along with
her in the past, so i brought her home.  this worked well for less than a
minute.  i tried to get the dogs to go out back and the crack dog seemed to
get cornered by the little brown mutt and then growled at her.  the obvious
solution to this problem would have been for the brown mutt to take a few
steps backwards.  instead, the german jumped over the brown mutt onto the
crack dog.  i kicked the german over and pushed the crack dog inside and
closed the door.  the mutt also ended up inside, moved to attack the crack
dog.  when she realized she had no support from the german, she changed her
mind and ran away instead.

the next morning, i see i have a coupon for a free vet visit, so i figure i
might as well take crack dog.  when the vet starts messing with crack dog,
she takes offense and goes after the vet, forcing the bosnian vet tech to
jump the dog to save the vet.  (eastern europeans -- much maligned and
underestimated, but just perfect for certain sorts of jobs).  this vet is
more used to dealing with kitties and golden retrievers and seems pretty
shaken.  she tells me the dog should be put down and throws me out.  so i
put the dog in my ex wife's house and everything goes fine from there.  just
saw her walking the crack dog with her chihuaha outside my window 10 minutes
ago.